Founded in 1998, Ingleby maintains an ambitious program of exhibitions and off-site projects by established and emerging artists. Over the past 22 years, it has secured a reputation as one of the country’s leading private galleries, renowned for the quality of its exhibitions and publications. The Gallery represents artists of international standing, whilst also introducing and supporting artists at earlier stages in their career. We are pleased to advise public, private and corporate clients about buying art, and in starting, building and maintaining collections.
In May 2018 Ingleby marked its 20th year by expanding into new premises in Barony Street (on the edge of Edinburgh’s New Town) that are historic in character yet wholly contemporary in mission. The Glasite Meeting House is a category A listed former place of worship of a small Scottish religious sect named after the Reverend John Glas who broke away from the Church of Scotland in 1732. The Meeting House was designed by Alexander Black in 1834, and it became the largest and most elaborate of the Glasites’ Meeting Houses in Scotland.
Installation view of the solo exhibition Callum Innes: Byzantine Blue, Delft Blue, Paris Blue, Ingleby, Edinburgh (May - July 2018). Photograph: Tom Nolan. Courtesy of the artist & Ingleby, Edinburgh.